The strategic functioning in the management of humans has led to the effective development of varied trends. The main purpose of it is to maximize the productivity of employees. The HR software scrutinizes the day to day functioning of employees, management and tracking labours. HR software manages employee data thus, keeping an account of all the workers in the organization. That helps in future recruitment as well as in allocating various jobs. Better budget planning, time management and planning is done through HR software for both HR staff as well as the managers as a result of automation. Considering automation in various organizations, Human Resource Management will have to undergo several trends in its system as well as challenges.
Considering the trends Human Resource Management is facing at present
Artificial Intelligence – Through the recent development in Artificial Intelligence technology, Human Resource Management will have a considerable impact by means of automation. It will play a significant role in the management of Human Resource in 2020 as it has been a hot topic for discussion. Mainly, the recruiting procedure will have a significant impact on Artificial Intelligence. Ben Eubanks, an HR industry analyst and influencer has even pointed out, “Our new research shows that AI tools are better than humans at analyzing employee surveys”
Business houses even think that Artificial Intelligence technology can analyse, compile employee data faster than HR professionals. That technology will be encrypted in HR software.
Even using Artificial Intelligence will be beneficial as it will discourage error in evaluating. Human biases related to the collecting various data will be reduced even if it is unintentional. “As we work to develop AI systems we can trust,” IBM added, “it’s critical to develop and train these systems with data that is unbiased and to develop algorithms that can be easily explained.” Artificial Intelligence will consider merit-based selection and will discard conscious as well as unconscious biases ranging from application submission to performance reviews.
The IBM Watson Career Coach is an example of a tool in the HR software that provides support to the employees. The one fearing for their jobs being lost after the introduction of Artificial Intelligence, don’t worry! Eubanks stated that the work environment which has Artificial Intelligence will still require human skills. He mentions in his book (“Artificial Intelligence for HR”), “five key skills that kept surfacing over and over again as critical differentiators in the ‘humans versus machines’ future we’re inevitably moving towards.”
These skills — 5 C’s as Eubanks calls them — are:
- Critical thinking
Human beings can be replaced only to a certain extent as described by Eubank if companies follow the 5 C’s. “Every time work has been automated in the past,” he says, “the resulting jobs and tasks have been more human in nature as we automate the less human aspects. These core human skills are important today, but they’ll matter even more in the future.” Thus, Eubanks says, “There’s a clear demand for humans in these [HR] processes to take action, support stakeholders and so on. So even if AI is making advances, humans still have a critical role to play.”
Robotic Process Automation
Robotic process automation (RPA) deals with robotic languages like machine learning, natural language processing (NPL) and chatbots. Chatbots News Daily foretells that HR software will use it 50% more by 2022. Chatbots are implemented by many vendors in the HR software to meet employee inquiries. In dealing with the common questions for chatbots, in a Forbes article, Jeremy Nunn, who has a Doctorate of Information Technology, says that common queries for chatbots include “questions related to payment, holiday leaves, social benefits and their [employees’] general rights.” Nunn adds, “These bots can act as self-service platforms that allow the HR personnel to focus on responding to more complex and urgent questions that warrant their
Having common chatbots to answer questions in the HR software alleviates the
burden on the HR department.
In 2017, Multinational firm EY deployed a Watson-based cognitive chatbot named Goldie which had an overwhelming response from its international employee base of 250,000. Also, the voice-activated features in the chatbots reduce the requirements of employees as they answer all the queries. “Voice search and AI assistants like Alexa or Google [are] starting to be a core functionality within HCM,” says Matt Charney of Recruiting Daily. Deloitte says that more than 50% of HR software has robotics in their system. Deloitte suggests that “RPA tools are best suited for processes with repeatable, predictable interactions with IT applications can improve the efficiency of these processes and the effectiveness of services without changing the underlying systems.”
● The challenges faced by the companies are to deal with the Employment laws and the problems of audits, lawsuits etc,
● There are a lot of changes in management within an organisation. The employees have to face a decrease in morale and motivation when the company undergoes certain kinds of change.
● A recent survey shows that the majority of companies are doing average jobs in implementing leadership management programs.
● Another HR problem is that there is no proper training for the lower-level employees and there is not enough resource available to do a proper training course.
● Business is dynamic and in order to adapt with the changing technology the employees must adapt to the environment which is constantly evolving. Also, to face competitors, innovation must be adopted.
● The structure of employee compensation must be made according to the training taxes, benefits and the other expenses which will range from 1.5 to 3 times the salary of the employee. The business firm also has to face those businesses of similar size and those having big payrolls.
● Many businesses in recent years have to deal with The Affordable Care Act. With the rising healthcare costs, companies are not willing to pay it for their employees.
● Hiring is an important aspect of a business which requires both time and money. It is problematic to carry out the whole recruitment process during the running of the business but choosing the right talent is an important challenge. Also, it is difficult to understand with accuracy the talents of the employees unless they have worked with the company for a period of time.
● Talented employees have a fierce race as for a start-up firm employee turnover can have a negative impact on the growth of the business. Sometimes the start-ups fail to provide the expensive benefits as that of their large rival companies like insurance plans, retirement benefits etc, A human resources management system (HRMS) or human resources information system (HRIS) is a form of HR software that is a combination of various systems and procedures that involves a business process, human resources and data. The HR software is used to store employee data, manage payrolls, attendance records, benefits administration, recruitment process. The sole purpose of HR software is for the welfare of people. Managing employees is time – consuming irrespective of the size of the firm.
HR software also takes care to develop intelligent management for HR needs. High ranking employees can get benefitted from the HR solutions in the HR software. The morale of the employees should never be underestimated because of the importance of human resources. Human resource management includes hiring, recruiting and managing employees. It involves an
HR software also takes care to develop intelligent management for HR needs. High ranking employees can get benefitted from the HR solutions in the HR software. The morale of the employees should never be underestimated because of the importance of human resources. Human resource management includes hiring, recruiting and managing employees. It involves an increase in drive of the employees towards the functioning of their goals. A good human resource involves pieces of organization, organizational culture and administering health and safety. With an understanding of the elements of HR management, the business process could effectively be structured by business managers. The HR software consists of:
(1) The talent available for recruitment
(2) Capabilities available in the organization
(3) Leadership Pipeline available
(4) Potentialities in the organization to create capabilities.
These are essential to make or buy decisions in an organization. Business through analytics and cultural support is influenced by human resource management. The human resource management system eliminates all kinds of paperwork related to the organization. Thus, helps in processes related to salary, employee information, hiring and more.
The HR software stores all kinds of employee data in one place and creates documents based on this information. The human resource managers do not need to go through all kinds of stock plans, employee ratings and any other documents, it can be automated through HR software. It keeps all the information in a well- structured space and structures the administrative task. HR managers want to improve the work environment. It involves the linking of business with strategic goals. Better risk management, improved decision -making, reduced business costs, improved HR efficiency.
Tracking employee histories, skills, abilities, accomplishments and salaries can be done through HR software. A good HR software will streamline processes, keep a business complaint, consolidate information and prevent important deadlines missed. As a result, the teams and staff are better connected and better managed without the additional effort of the manager. All that being said, human Resource Management is a highly dynamic and transforming field in modern times.